Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Fort Wayne smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your security system as it incorporates your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in complete control of your Fort Wayne home’s automation and security. See how it can benefit you and check out recommendations to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Fort Wayne benefit you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices with radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You may arm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. When adding a video doorbell, you can even speak to whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a battery backup and cellular functionality for added reliability. It also offers total remote access and control via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here are some of the duties you can execute:
- View current or recorded video streams from all connected surveillance cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Fort Wayne by setting schedules or initiating rules. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a certain time. Or, you can set rules like having your doors unlock if the smoke detector triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just abide by these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will be inside your home and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and each sensor in your home will activate.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll notice a notification if the system isn’t ready to arm. For instance, an open window will cue you to take action. Keep in mind that you may still arm the security system by following the steps above. You will then need to verify you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Fort Wayne
Even though multiple users can be entered when you first get your system, you may want to add or remove a user in the future. Here’s how you can.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote access, choose phone or email and provide the information to dispatch an invite.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, simply navigate to the menu, tap users, choose the user you wish to remove, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take command of your home’s security and automation through an easy-to-operate touchscreen console? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Fort Wayne smart home. Contact (260) 286-9602 to get started.