Daily deliveries have become commonplace for numerous homeowners as a result of the shift to online shopping. You appreciate the benefit of having goods dropped right in front of your door, but there is a drawback. Those boxes on your doorstep are invitations to potential crooks. Porch piracy has become a significant issue, but you have the chance to do something about it by installing a doorbell camera with your home security system. These components are fantastic tools to combat package theft, but they give you a lot more.
Take a moment to find out how they work and why they’re sure to be an integral part of your smart home.
Perks of a Fort Wayne video doorbell
Found in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells provide a range of advanced features, and the technology continues to progress. You can now customize detection zones, communicate with people at your door, and receive real-time notifications whenever an item is dropped off.
The simplest way to find out how a Fort Wayne video doorbell camera works is to explore the numerous advantages it offers. Consider the following features:
- Active deterrents: You can’t find this on every model, but there are several smart video doorbells that are proactive in deterring theft with warning lights and sounds. This is a great way to let porch pirates know someone is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You deserve to see the total picture, and that consists of the faces of visitors at your door and boxes on the ground. Options with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision provide a complete perspective.
- High-resolution streams no matter the hour: If you don’t have pictures and video you can see clearly, what’s the purpose of installing a doorbell camera? Top models will provide exceptional high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Delivery alerts: Would you like to know when a package arrives? You can enjoy instant alerts from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between individuals and boxes.
- Converse with the visitor at your door: Is a person lingering at your front door? Reciprocal audio allows you to ask what they want. You could even use this handy feature to scare off people loitering around your porch.
- Prevent false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to customize detection zones. Restricting the space to be monitored will let you reduce false alarms brought about by pets or pedestrians.
- Instant video access: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home gives you the opportunity to access live and recorded video directly from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you may engage with them from the palm of your hand, regardless of your location. They’ll notify you when a visitor arrives, show you what’s happening, and even let you communicate with the individual at your door. These components have turned into game-changers in terms of security and convenience.